Montag, 26. Juli 2010

Chelle Djao!

Sometimes you have to tell people to back off. In Copenhagen, just before I left, we had some cultural sessions with the new team and we talked about how Danes always need their personal space. In India, this concept is completely unknown. You have to push people away, tell the beggars "chelle djao!" (Go away!), and make space on your bed in the train for families with their entire breed. That's just how it works. At times it makes me mad, especially without too much of rest. When I am in a good mood, I let people take as many pictures as they want, but after a night in the sleeper class without A\C, I am less keen on it. Today at the Taj Mahal, a young guy wanted a picture with us, we declined saying "We already got 1000 pictures taken today!". His answer: "OK Madam! 1001 for me!" Sorry dude, not gonna happen. So chelle djao everyone! After another night in sleeper we will be in Udaipur tomorrow and stay there a bit longer. After I had a shower, you can invade my personal space again.

Travel route so far: Dehli > Amritsar > Haridwar & Rishikesh > Agra. This country is so beautiful. We really loved the North!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen