Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2010

Brats and Prejudice

I am a person with a lot of prejudices – especially when it comes to people I see on the street. I put them into boxes, judge them and imagine how their house looks.
So there is a category of German girls I call brats.It is really hard to translate, in Danish I would call them poptoes, in German I would call them Bratze. Their hair is mostly two colored and teased, their style goes three years back and they talk about boys, parties and their Facebook profile. They are somewhat ordinary, in a bad way.
Sometimes it’s fun to listen to their chats and think on the inside, I wish I was that stupid, then my life would be much more comfortable.

There is a band called Bratze. Thank you Google.
The other day one of these brats said to her friend: „I told my boyfriend that before we get married, I want us to write a letter to each other which tells how much we love each other and why. And if we ever have a huge fight, we will open them and remind each other of the reasons for our love.“ I think that’s sweet.

Everyone will at some point do something unexpected. I thank the world for that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen