Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2010

How a true lady spends her weekend

Banana working outfit
As you might know, I have found this nice little apartment in Prenzlauer Berg in Berlin. It was all freshly renovated, except for the floor, which was wooden and painted with a deep red color, very typical for Berlin. It was quite old and you could see that the last owner had taped carpet on the floor, so there was no way around renewing the whole thing.

I had three options:
1. I could put another carpet on top (which would be a bit expensive, but not too much of hard work),
2. I could build in this clickedy clack laminate (which would be expensive and quite some work), or
3. I could grind the entire floor (which would be the cheapest option, but super hard work).

THE machine
So guess, what I did: Off course I went for the cheapest option, so I recruited my mom and rented some machines and off we were to the dirtiest and hardest work on the Banana-planet. There for sure is even harder and dirtier work, but in my sphere this is quite hardcore.

I planned the last Saturday to be our grinding day. It was dirty, it was back aching, but at some point you could see some results. Off course I had planned completely naïve and at the end I had to take two days off work to complete what I had started. Yesterday, we gave back the machines and impressed the craftsmen with our work.

My mom preparing the floor for the next round
It is not everyday that you see a girl with an angle grinder, so I somehow feel stronger and independent. My mom always says: a good woman can substitute the best man. And sometimes her feministic talks go on my nerves, but when I have done something like this with my own two hands, I cannot help but feel freaking fantastic. She also said that every time I enter my apartment I am going to be proud of my floor. To that I can just say: Hell yea!

So, to all the ladies, maybe you should try and give it a try yourself the next time you have to fix something on your bike or at home. It feels awesome once you’re done and afterwards you can take a nice long bath as a reward. It feels better than any other expensive beauty program, I promise!

2 Kommentare: