Montag, 3. Januar 2011

Only cats have nine lifes?




After entering school at the age of seven, I had two cycles of development and growth which where quite different from each other, both lasted nine years.

Until I was 16, I spent my life in Germany with my family and with regular school and hobbies. I faced challenges you have to face as a child of a single mom and as the stranger to a new city or school.

After I turned 16, I moved to Denmark, to finish my education and grow up. I truly became an independend individual and have learned to tackle different challenges as they come.

Now I am 25, have moved back to Germany and am both terrified and looking forward to the next nine years. This is the time where I will establish myself not only in terms of education, but mostly in terms of experience.

I have started to conquer monstrous Berlin, which tried to let me down several times but which I forced to work out for me, because Berlin was my only option for Germany. I am beginning to see some paths that I am happy to take and there is finally a goal to invest time in. My current achievements and achievements to come look like this:

Done:
-       Find a traineeship
-       Find an apartment
-       Find a roommate
-       Find new and exciting things you ONLY to do in Berlin

To do:
-       Figure out my next steps after the traineeship
-       Order Internet access for my apartment (finally I can use Skype again!!)
-       Finish beautifying the apartment
-       Find a choir to join
-       Find a gym or yoga class

I am quite happy that my to do list is longer than my done list. I am tired from the past months of discovery and fighting, but I know it’s worth it. What about you? Have you encountered a shift in your life in the recent past and how did you tackle it? 


Picture: http://www.onedigitallife.com/images/cat-jump.jpg

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen