Mittwoch, 16. März 2011

I am in heaven: Men are cooking for me and I can walk like a model! OR Fasting experience 1

http://need-to-know.de/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/vegan1.jpg
It has now been one week of fasting. I have changed my food habits to vegan without sugar, avoided Facebook and tried to walk slower.

First thing: it is hard to start a big project while traveling. I was in Denmark delivering a conference, when my fasting time started. My friends were really interested and supportive. The night before I started I had some Ben and Jerry’s with Lexi; Peter and JohnJohn cooked vegan for us in Odense; and the conference crew packed special sandwiches with my name on. Still, I was hungry, as I could not just find some vegan sweets, because most of the time I eat sugar when I am hungry. I am just not used to proper, regular meals.

Second thing: It feels good to be a bit more aware of what I am consuming. In the supermarket, I look at the ingredients and take some time before I buy stuff. I also try to plan what I am going to eat, so I have a list when I do shopping. This way, I am not just buying things because I am hungry, but because I have a purpose with the goods.

Third thing: It is really hard to keep off Facebook. I needed some pictures for the conference and they were all on there. I had to log in to find those; I saw the red speech bubbles telling me how many notifications, messages, and friend requests I had received. I did not check any of those, I went directly to the pictures I needed and logged off again. I just gave myself a little pat on the back for that one :-)

I am really proud that I actually did everything on my list, except playing guitar, which I will do this week.

Do you know the phenomenon of when you disvover something new, you see it everywhere? This is how I have it with vegan life style right now, and here is one of my discoveries: vegan fashion! It is an online shop called Muso Koroni.

http://www.vego-design.de/AdvancedSlider/slider/muso_koroni.jpg


I noticed that I have some time during my nights without any plans (i.e. where I don’t meet friends or go to the cinema, etc). So I would really appreciate if you would leave a comment telling me some exciting books to read (content not connected to food) or if you have a recipe for me to try out. Thank you so much for your support!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen