Donnerstag, 24. März 2011

I have a confession to make:

I sleep too much. Thus I am awake at 23:38 and my mind won’t rest. Be assured that the minute it touches my pillow it will float away to the land of dreams. But still, I have been planning on writing an update since Sunday when a sudden fever and the worst visit of influenza has haunted my body and squeezed my brain so much that I was not really able to think or walk without the feeling of my head being magnetically drawn to the ground. After a bizarre visit to a doctor, I was told to stay in bed the rest of the week and gurgle salt water.

It has been one of the loneliest weeks during my time back in Germany and I really miss my friends who are scattered around the world. I have been true to my strict fasting rules: no sugar, vegan food, I even practiced the guitar and I was forced to walk slow with my influenzarized head and everything. But I missed my friends. When I start things, I always make these really strict rules and crazy goals. I will never be happy with what I achieve because I will always have some impossible goal on my list. Instead of saying “I won’t use Facebook (yea, this is where I am getting to) at work”, I said, “I won’t use Facebook at all during the next 40 days”. Bravo, Anna! So, on Sunday, I logged on and checked what people were up to, without commenting or writing updates, whatsoever. And since then I spent 5 minutes each day just watching what people were up to. And I am really sorry, Anna, but I have to let you down on this goal. So I am rephrasing: no Facebook during work or as a thing to fight boredom. I need to know what the people that I love and never see are up to. I need to write them a text when I think of them and I just want to see how they are once in a while. And no, Anna and critic, emails are not the same.

So after 15 days of fasting, I have already let go of one goal. The food and mind thing works out pretty well, though. My skin looks great, I think about what to eat and find great recipes to cook. I am finding my path back to a healthy life. I just should not forget one very important goal: keep in touch with my friends and spend time with them. So, some of you will get a mail soon. Let’s get on skype and update each other on the latest gossip.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen