Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2009

London


OK, I've been to London, which probably also has a quite big share of feeling alive, mentioned in my post before. It was an amazingly motivating trip. London is THE place to go alone, I can only recommend it to the rest of the world, as there is something to see and be for every type of person. There are only a few people I want to share this amazing city with (Henni!) and they have to be able to stay away from some shop-aholical behaviors. Instead they should wear good walking shoes and be ready to visit museums, theaters, and bookstores. Of course I had to do a bit of work, but I still managed to see a couple of nice places. Like Portobello Road, where I have not been since I was 14.
Before I had to leave I rushed to my favorite place in London, the National Gally and spent some minutes looking at Van Gogh and Degas, especially "La Coiffure", which I would love to have as a poster in my room. The atmosphere of the city was great and I hope to remember the small boy I saw, running around in Hide Park dressed in some kind of animal suit, as well as the cute pizza place, where I had a great lunch. And I regret not to have given some money to the disgusting, smelling soldier, who was wearing bandages on his feet and had burn marks all over his face. Why couldn't I jump over my own shadow? And next time I visit London, I have to see a play at "The Globe", a reconstruction of the theatre Shakespeare used to launch his plays.
Next to the more tourist parts of the city, I had to attend the AIESEC Western Europe and Northern American External Relations Summit, shortly the WENA ER summit, which sounds quite fancy, but was actually very informative and interesting, and I learned a lot. We were about 20 people from all over Europe who discussed the direction of our sales strategy next year and who tried to prepare for the next term and learned from the current Vice Presidents how to create results in our area. The people I met were amazing and the thing I am most happy about is the network we are building up, it looks like we are going to stay in contact during our term and help each other with problems only we can really understand. I have to admit: I am so looking forward to getting started. Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen