Mittwoch, 10. November 2010

Honey, shut up.

So yea, sorry, my life is not very eventful these days. Not jetting around Europe, not traveling to any conferences, just commuting to and from work. BUT! On Thursday I will stay in the city to go with my friend Sophia to a concert of a German artist called Sven van Thom, which is not the point right now (but you can listen to the song, while reading the rest of my article).



The point is that when you are commuting, you meet the same people all the time. You just see them on the train, you (uhm… I) never actually talk to them, but their personality shows through their cloths and how they talk to other people.

Today I want to introduce you to some of my commuter “friends”:

Chemistry Guy
He is between 50 and 60 years old and I think the purpose of his life was to be in that age. He is the type of person who should just not have to go through the trouble of being young, because he was between 50 and 60 even when he was 16. I bet. He always wears green, beige, brown cloths and glasses and he never smiles, so his mouth hangs down a bit. He is a serious, very intellectual man, who reads Chemistry Today while he is commuting to his laboratory.

Fat Bank Guy
He always wears a black suit with a white shirt and a colorful tie. His eyes are piercing in different directions and he always seems quite happy. The fact that he lives in my village either means he is married (good for him!) or he still lives with his parents (which I think is the thing). Even though he is incredibly fat, he smells nice, which is rare, if you know what I mean.

Silent Guy
Even though he commutes with colleagues, he always sits by himself and reads English books, which is quite rare for a normal German middle-aged person. He puts a rubber band around the pages he has read, so he never loses track. I am a bit afraid of him. I think he is that type of person who always got teased. Some day he will snap and do something awful. I hope I am wrong.

Toad Woman
I really want to know how she looks without makeup. She is ugly, but she puts makeup on her face every day, like a mask. She also never smiles, which makes her colorful face seem extremely alien. She looks angry and disappointed, I would really like to know about what – probably life in general. Her expression reminds me of a toad – any minute her long tongue can come out and catch a fly.

And last but not least: Look Woman
I am known as a person who stares at people. Many a friend has told me to stop looking that obviously at someone. So this woman is I times ten. I look around at the station and my view slides over her silhouette and there they are – her piercing eyes, right into my soul! In a bad way! I look back at her, but she doesn’t look away. There is this unspoken rule that when you look at someone, it’s ok, as long as the person does not realize your look. As soon as the person looks back at you, you look away. The rule! To me she is the true evil behind an old woman’s façade.

I really hope, I soon find a place to stay in Berlin. Then I might even be able to introduce you to some new, real friends.

3 Kommentare:

  1. There is no Turkish guy trying not to get his ass beat? :/

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. well. what are you implying? that berlin is the second biggest turkish city? or do you have any bad xp's with them? tell me!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It was just a mild joke about racism faced by the Turks. My personal experience? Never trust a kebap guy with a picture of the Taj Mahal on his tissues.

    AntwortenLöschen