Montag, 15. November 2010

My stomach is full, but my heart is empty.

It’s been a while since I arrived in Berlin but it’s only recently that I went to my first concert in this awesome city.

One day, when I was feeling quite down, my sister played some old Manfred Krug songs to me. I loved it. And then my 60’s loving friend Sophia played Beatplanet, like she always does – and it was good. Because Beatplanet is a bit like Manfred Krug, just from today.



A member of Beatplanet has gone solo as Sven van Thom and together with Sophia I went to his show in Kulturfabrik. I loved the place, even if the music would have been bad, it would have been a great night as there was this intimate atmosphere, a small stage and a golden equin curtain. I totally loved the curtain! And the Martini Rosso - the red one. You know.


Luckily the music did not disappoint me, either. Seeing the guys on stage, there was one thing quite clear: they cannot not make music. It’s something they just have to do, despite the fact that the majority of the German music industry would not invest in this kind of music, as it is intelligent and sometimes challenging. You get the humor if you really listen; you get entertained if you get irony. They will not spill out love songs compatible for Bravo reading teen-agers, but for people who already have made their sometimes traumatic experiences with the other sex.


The night is worth remembering for the entertaining conversations between the songs, “Blockflöte” taking off his shirt and exposing his stomach, the attempt of making Sven’s hair moving with a hairdryer, the college block with handwritten songs in it, and all the beautiful people supporting Sven van Thom in his show.


Now I really need to see Beatplanet live. And I need to get to more Berlin like things.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen