Montag, 8. November 2010

Reason 1: My Mom

I will put it right out there for you to judge: I spent the weekend with my mom – and it was awesome. So now I am going to put down some reasons for why.

She let me sleep till late on Saturday, because I was working on a pitch all week. We also cleaned the house, so we could enjoy doing nothing. Also we went shopping in a construction market. We love to do that, cause we are always building something or planning to do so, so we need to prepare. My mom bought a stove on ebay the other day, and we need to put it in the kitchen. Also we went shopping for food. It feels awesome to buy these things, have all the stuff you like and still be happy about how cheap the shopping was. So as you might know, we decided to buy this incredible ice cream, which tastes like Ben and Jerry’s, it’s just cheaper and not so funky with the design. This meant we could not go to the cinema, which was the plan, but we chose the 3 buckets of ice cream over the movie. I mean it’s not often we stumble over that ice cream.

Yesterday she joined me for looking at some apartments in the city (aka. Berlin) and we got a bike at the Mauerpark. We also managed to pile up some wood and do some stuff in the garden. It is one of the best satisfactions I can get, when I help my mom. It means she does not have to do it and generally it’s work where you can see immediate results, like a pile of wood. If you have not tried this, do so. It really gives satisfaction.

So this morning I was late for my train. I was already a step out of the house, when it started to rain. I went back in and asked my mom to drive me. She was still in her pajamas, so she put on a skirt and a pullover over her pajamas. You could see it sticking out at all ends and she thought it was hilariously funny. She was laughing at half past seven in the morning and she made me laugh, too. This is the reason for why I wanted to go home: to have moments like that with my family.

Also, my mom likes to talk for animals. Here she would say: "Come on, give me food! Can't you see how hard I am working for this?"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen